Inspectors We Recommend
All American Home Inspections
STANDARD HOME INSPECTION
Radon levels are measured and detected. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), between 15,000 and 22,000 deaths result from radon exposure each year, which is why they recommend that every home be tested for radon. In homes containing 4.0 or more Pico Curies per liter, EPA recommends remediation.
COMPOSITION BOARD SIDING INSPECTION
Lead Paint Inspection
On-Site Waste System Evaluation
Pool/Hot Tub Inspection
Private Well Flow and Potability Inspection
Stucco Siding Inspection
There are two types of stucco siding that you need to know about: cement-based “traditional” stucco and synthetic stucco. Inspect the siding according to the manufacturer’s installation specifications. Exterior Insulated Finish System (EIFS) is the common name for synthetic stucco siding.
- When considering a home with stucco exterior, we recommend an inspection of the siding be performed.
- Typically, synthetic stucco is found in the Southeast, but it can also be found in other rural areas.
- Synthetic stucco homes have been found to have hidden structural damage in 34 states.
- To determine if water has already gotten into the system, moisture readings are taken.
Underground Storage Tank (UST) Inspection
The most common methods for testing a UST, which is typically used to store oil for heating homes, are the soil test or vacuum test. A soil test involves taking random core samples near the tank and sending them to a lab for analysis. A contamination test will determine if and how much soil has been contaminated in that specific area. In a vacuum test, the technician seals off the tank and places it under a vacuum. The readings are taken periodically to determine whether or not the tank is losing its vacuum. This test provides buyers with immediate results.
- USTs are primarily made of metal, so over time they rust and corrode, allowing hazardous materials to leak into soil and potentially contaminate nearby aquifers.
- Due to the older properties in the northeastern states, UST problems are most prevalent there.
- Before you purchase a home, you should obtain the proper inspections to make a smart purchase decision and protect your investment. Although the above is not an exhaustive list of all types of inspections that may be necessary on a home, it is meant to provide general information on some of the most common types of inspections.
- Before you purchase a home, you should obtain the proper inspections to make a smart purchase decision and protect your investment.
Realty Executives Main Street, LLC
1022 S. Lapeer Road
Lapeer, MI 48446